Amateur Radio Products made by and for Amateur Radio Operators
|West Mountain Radio News|
|Home of RIGblaster & RIGrunner|
RIGblaster pro: PRICE CUT to $249.95
Our new RIGblaster pro is a big hit, exceeding our expectations with hundreds now on the air. As a result, we have lowered our production costs and are passing the savings on to you.
Effective July 1, 2003 the price of the RIGblaster pro will be $249.95. We have them in stock and can ship the same day you order (Weekdays only).
New & Interesting Amateur Radio Software:
Over the past several months we have found and tested some New Digital Software & some Logging & Rig Control Software.
The Logging & Rig Control Software makes use of features found only in the RIGblaster pro.
- Logging & Rig Control Software
- Win-EQF for Windows provides sophisticated logging and station control features in a flexible and straight-forward package with built-in features like TELNET for Internet cluster spotting and Rotator System control.
Tom, N3EQF, recently modified Win-EQF to accommodate the DTR/RTS functionality of RIGblaster pro for CW Keying and PTT.
We have tested the CW Keying feature, the Voice Keying feature, and Rig Interfacing of Win-EQF on a RIGblaster pro.
A trial version can be downloaded and taken for a "test drive." Win-EQF is priced at $59.95.
- N3FJP's Amateur Radio Software, is easy-to-use software for a variety of functions for contesting and general logging.
These contest and logging programs have recently been enhanced to incorporate CW Keying, Voice Keying and Rig Interfacing to capture frequency and mode data directly from the radio.
We have tested several of these programs on RIGblaster pro.
They can be downloaded and tried and are reasonably priced should you wish to register them for continued use.
- BeaconSee, when interfaced to your radio with a RIGblaster pro, shows you, in real time, worldwide HF band openings on your computer screen.
BeaconSee analyzes the audio signals from your radio, which is tuned to the NCDXF IARU HF beacon network and shows you the signal strength received from each of the 18 beacon transmitters as a plot of frequency spectrum against time.
Using a RIGblaster pro and your rig controllable radio, BeaconSee will set the band and frequency of your radio, so that you can watch for band openings on several bands at once.
This is much more than a "DX Beacon Monitor" and at 1/3 the price.
For more information about these beacons and their operation, see www.ncdxf.org.
A limited function version can be downloaded (also on our CD-ROM) and tried. BeaconSee is priced at $29.00.
- TRX Manager, when interfaced to your radio with a RIGblaster pro, is an innovative control and logging program for Amateur Radio Operators.
We tested TRX Manager with our ICOM IC-756PROII and a RIGblaster pro and found it provides very fast monitoring and control of the radio. This is the first Rig Control software we have tested that provides an S Meter reading on the Computer Screen.
We also tested TRX Manager's ability to control a the IC-756PROII over the Internet. See January 2003 QST for a write up on this program by Steve Ford.
Using a RIGblaster pro and your rig controllable radio, TRX Manager is a fun new program to try.
A limited time version can be downloaded (also on our CD-ROM) and tried. TRX Manager is priced at around $70.00.
- IC706_BKT Icom 706 Control, when interfaced to your IC-706 (all models) with a RIGblaster pro, is a clever program for loading and maintaining the memories of an IC-706.
We tested this program on our ICOM IC-706MKIIG and a RIGblaster pro and found it did a great job of managing the memory positions of our 706. It will do scanning functions, and in the case of the IC-706MKIIG, will provide an S Meter on your computer.
IC706_BKT Icom 706 Control can be downloaded from the authors web site and is available in three activation Levels. Level 1 - Free, Level 2 - $10, and Level 2+ - $40.
- New Digital Software
- , an experimental program for radio digital transfer of any file type, was written by Roland PY4ZBZ.
Upon receiving and decoding a file, if the file type is .jpg, a picture is displayed; if the file type is .txt, Notepad is started and the text file is displayed; if the file type is .htm or .html, the web browser is started and the web page is displayed, etc..
We have tested this program, both sending and receiving, on RIGblaster M8, RIGblaster plus, and RIGblaster pro.
It is lots of fun and we have found most activity on 20M at 14.233MHz. It runs on Windows/9x, Windows/XP, & Windows/2000.
- If you have written or know of new software and would like us to test it on a RIGblaster, please let us know by e-mail or phone, 203-853-8080.
OnLine Ordering at www.westmountainradio.com
We also take orders by phone at 203.853.8080
73 from the Hams at West Mountain Radio
If you do not wish to receive future mailings from West Mountain Radio, please reply to this note and change the Subject line to REMOVE FROM EMAIL LIST.
Copyright © 2003 by West Mountain Radio, An Optimaudio, Inc. Company.