Mac OSX Drivers*** Updated 1/29/15 with SiLabs signed driver for Yosemite.
1. Download the OSX driver for your device here:
2. Your browser should store the file in the Downloads directory within your user directory unless you specified another location. You'll need to double click the zip file to extract it (Note: Safari does this automatically).
3. Once extracted you should find a package file, SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg. Double click this file to begin the installation.
4. Proceed through the driver installation wizard. No options need to be selected so just click Next until the installer is finished. You may be asked to reboot the computer after the install is finished.
5. Once the installer has finished (and after any reboot), plug in your device. The green PWR led should be on.
6. Open the Apple menu in the upper left of your screen and select the 'About this Mac' option.
7. On the dialog that comes up, click the More Info button.
8. You should now be looking at the System Profiler. In the left column, click the USB entry. You should see a list of USB devices show up on the right side of the window. You should see your RIGblaster/RIGtalk device in that list. If you have an Advantage, you should also see a RIGblaster Audio Device.
9. For testing, we recommend using Fldigi. The Fldigi download for OSX can be found here: http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html
10. If using Safari, the downloaded .dmg file will automatically be mounted and you can goto Step 11. Other browsers will again place the file in the Downloads folder. You will need to double click the file to mount it.
11. Drag the Fldigi icon from the window that comes up to your Applications directory.
12. Run Fldigi from your Applications directory and refer to the latest manual for your device for instructions on setting up Fldigi to use your RIGblaster.
13. When setting up rig control, use the tty.SLAB_USBtoUART device. This is the virtual serial port which is used for rig control, ptt, and fsk/cw. When setting up the Audio, use PortAudio and select the RIGblaster Audio device for both Input and Output.
Categories that this topic belongs to: RIGblaster Advantage, RIGblaster Plus II, RIGblaster Plug & Play, RIGtalk