Scientifically Analyze Battery Performance
Specifically designed to test and evaluate small cells and batteries - those capable of supplying quite low discharge currents. Such small cells must be evaluated using even greater measurement precision than what is capable with CBA V or CBA IV model. Designed to precisely test virtually any small size battery, any chemistry or number of cells, from 0.7 to 10 volts. The CBA HR is capable of testing batteries at load currents from 1 mA to 1000 mA, (10 watt maximum), in increments of 1 mA.
An optional 4-wire test harness improves voltage measurement accuracy by minimizing the voltage sensing lead wire resistance effect. Some optional harnesses also include an external magnetic probe, which when used with optional Extended Software allow logging of battery / ambient temperature and automatic over-temperature test cutoff.
Easy-to-Use Standard Software for Data Analysis
Standard Software is supplied with the CBA HR. In addition to the four basic test modes included with the CBA V and CBA IV (Mission Profile, Discharge, Charge Monitor, and Power Profile), the CBA HR adds two additional test modes (Duty Cycle and Multiple Discharge) to allow user simulation of real world battery load variations found in typical remote sensor sleep / transmit applications.
Extended Software Upgrade License Unlocks Features for Serious Battery Testing
The optional Extended Software license includes additional test modes, ability to adjust sample rates, custom voltage & current calibration and provides the ability to graph battery temperature when the optional magnetic temperature probe is connected. This optional temperature probe is included in selected test harness assemblies and is connected to the CBA HR via a 3.5mm accessory input.
Please click here for more information on Powerpole® Connectors.
- Maximum discharge current: 1 Amp
- Minimum discharge current: 1 milli Amp
- 1 milli Amp discharge current accuracy: typically better than +- 20 micro Amps
- Maximum voltage: 10 Volts
- Minimum voltage: 0.7 Volts
- Voltage reading accuracy: typically better than +- 0.01 volts
- Maximum power: 10 Watts
- Connector for temperature probe
- Connector for external voltage probe, allows for accurate voltage reading by not using the same connector/cable that is also being used for the discharge current
- USB powered; the CBA does not use the battery being tested to run the CBA or the fan.
- System ready and Test in progress LED indicators, viewable from across a room.
- Residual current drain, battery connected while not in use: < 0.2 milli Amps @ 9 volts
- Internal over temperature sensing and protection
- High performance micro controller with built in USB interface and 12 bit A/D conversion.
- Dimensions: 3.8" H x 2.6" W x 1.9" D.
- Weight: 4 oz.
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.
- CBA HR unit
- 6 inch pigtail adapter
- Standard version CBA software on USB flash drive
- 6 ft USB Cable
- User Manual
- 1 yr limited home use warranty
- Genderless Housings: Provide simplified assembly and minimize the number of components
- Stackable Modular Housings: Available in four sizes to right size your connection need
- Connection Versatility: Contacts for wire, PCB, or busbar all fit into the same housings
- Low Resistance Connection: Silver or tin plated contacts inside housings that strongly force the contacts together
- Color Coded Housings: Help ensure that connectors are assembled and mated correctly
- Self Securing Design: Stainless steel springs create a robust force between the contacts that holds the connector in the mated condition, but allows it to be quickly disconnected.
|Amps (UL) Per Pole||0 to 55||0 to 55||0 to 55|
|Volts (UL) Per Pole||600||600||600|
|Wire Gauge (AWG)||20 - 16||16 - 12||14 - 10|
|Buy Powerpole® Pack||View Options|