Operate your favorite digital mode program simultaneously with your favorite logging program using the RIGblaster's virtual
COMport Splitter software.
The RIGblaster Plus II combines the easy to use RIGblaster Plug & Play and the functionality of the RIGblaster Plus. This new addition to the RIGblaster product line incorporates several user requested enhancements:
- Instant Setup Connectors (ISCs) for microphone configuration
- Plug and Play USB port for connection to PC and power
- Front panel mounted transmit power level knob
- CAT/CI-V rig control interface
Compatible with All Manufacturers' Radios
- Pre-wired microphone jumper blocks known as ISCs enable users to match microphone connector wiring schemes without having to refer to wiring diagrams. Six ISCs are provided (three "Round Metal") and three "RJ45 Modular") to cover the most popular radios - Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood, JRCm SGC and Elecraft
- Older radios can usually be wired up with individual jumpers
- Works with any radio that has a 8 pin round screw on microphone connector or RJ45 modular telephone style connector
- Any radio with RJ25 6 wire microphone connector with the purchase of an optional FT100 style 6 wire modular mic. cable
- Any radio with 4 pin round microphone connector with the purchase of a optional 4 pin mic cable
- Supplied with Plug and Play USB cable interface and built-in USB to serial converter
- USB provides positive PTT, CW/FSK keying and CAT/CI-V rig control
- Microsoft® certified USB drivers are automatically installed from West Mountain Radio website
- Powered through USB cable, no wall supply needed
Built-in Rig Control
- CAT/CI-V rig control TTL interface built in
- Tested with Icom and Yaesu; compatible with Ten Tec
- Custom CAT/CI-V cables available as accessories
True Keyed CW
- In addition to the PTT keying circuit there is a fully isolated CW/FSK keying output for direct keying of your rig's CW or FSK jack for keyboard CW and RTTY software
- Input for control of the additional fully isolated CW/FSK keying circuit as well as the PTT circuit is jumper selectable between serial port control pins: RTS, DTR, and TXD
- Front panel mounted transmit power level knob makes it easy to adjust transmit levels on the fly without having to make changes in software sound levels
- No extra manual switches needed, two DPDT relays for true automatic operation unlike other sound card interfaces
- Simpler operation than the other brands, you never have to remember to push un-needed switches to make your station work
- PTT override and interrupt enables mic to override the computer or stop the computer program, perfect for contesting or SSTV operation
- Rear panel RCA PTT switch / foot switch jack enables the PPT override and interrupt
- Internal diagnostic RTS, DTR and TXD LEDs show at a glance what the serial port is doing
- Properly matched and RF suppressed audio for your radio
- Fully isolated transmit audio and PTT keying, unlike other interfaces that have little or no isolation
- Positive and fully automatic PTT control supports almost 100 ham programs, no illegal or spurious signals due to built in sound card VOX operation
|Overall Dimensions (maximum w/o cables)||1 1/4" H x 5 1/4" W x 4" D|
|DC Power Requirements||USB Powered|
|PTT Max Contact Rating||2 A @ 24 V or 1 A @ 48 V|
|CW/FSK Direct Keying Ratings||Transistor logic only, tube rigs not supported. Postive pull down 20 mA max.|
|Serial Interface Port||USB|
|TTL Rig Control Interface Port (dual circuit mini jack connector)||Standard TTL 5V logic, selectable bi-directional or unidirectional|
The microphone audio is completely isolated from all other grounds.
The PTT relay provides adequate current and voltage capability to switch tube rigs.
- RIGblaster Plus II Unit
- (2) 1/8" Audio Cables, 6 ft.
- (1) 8-pin Screw-on Custom Mic Cable, 3 ft
- Instant Setup Connectors for RIGblaster Plus II, Plus and Pro
- USB cable
- Owner's Manual
- Accessory Kit
- (8) White Jumpers
- (5) Blue Shunt Jumpers
A DVD of the RIGblaster Software Collection is the standard media. If you are unable to use DVD media, you may request the software on a two (2) CD Set. When ordering online, in the comments section of the order form, type in "Request 2 CD Set". Alternately, the collection of software programs may be individually downloaded here.
This product has been tested to comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules for a Class B computer peripheral and digital device for use in the home and office. This testing is done to ensure the product does not generate RF interference.
The Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC device drivers for this product have passed Microsoft WHQL testing and are certified. Using certified drivers simplifies the driver installation process and ensures the driver is not going to crash or otherwise damage the PC configuration. The Windows 98 and 2000 drivers are supported.
This product is fully enclosed in a metal case and has passed testing at West Mountain Radio to show high immunity to RF interference from amateur radio equipment. This ensures that in a typical station the RF field will not corrupt data transfer.
Audio quality testing on this product has shown it to perform excellent with audio signals from 300 to 5000 hz. This demonstrates a low level of distortion for both data and voice.
This product has full D.C. isolation on critical circuitry/connections to prevent ground loops and hum pickup.
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.