Mfg part number: SS-30DV
This small regulated switching power supply features 2 Powerpole® outputs in front and 1/4" binding posts in rear. Machined metal front bezel with illuminated power switch. DC output voltage 14.1V (adjustable via internal pot) at 25A continuous, 30A surge (up to 5 minutes). Small 6x5x2.5" footprint.
- Front Connection: 2 sets of Powerpole® connectors
- Rear Connection: 1/4 inch binding posts that also accept banana plugs, ring terminals or compression connections
- Illuminated Power Switch
- Input Range: 100-120 VAC or 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (Switchable) New!
- Output Voltage: 14.1 VDC fixed (adjustable via internal pot)
- Output Amperage: 25 continuous, 30 surge (up to 5 minutes)
- Internal Protection: Thermal, over current
- Internal Input Fuse: 6.3 Amps at 115 VAC
- Ripple Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Noise Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Operating temperature rating: 0 - 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 - 85 °C
Physical dimensions and materials:
- Weight: 3.0 lbs. (48 oz.)
- Overall Dimensions: 6.1 x 5 x 2.5 in (154mm long, 127mm wide, 63mm tall)
- Fan: Quiet internal cooling fan
- Machined metal case front bezel
- Meets FCC CFR Title 47 Part 15 Subpart B: Class B, CISPR: 2005 ANSI C63.4: 2003
- Meets CE/LVD (Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC) standard
- Meets EMC: EN 55022:206+A1: 2007, 2010, EN 61000-3-2:2006
The Powerpole® connectors mounted on the front panel conform to the RACES/ARES standard orientation.
Input Voltage Selection
The power supply is set up for 230V AC input as shipped from the factory. For 115V AC applications, set the recessed 115/230 input select switch located on the rear of the power supply into the proper position. Positions are identified on the switch. Use a small screwdriver to slide the switch into position. No adjustment is necessary for either 50 or 60 Hz input.
- Land mobile radio base stations
- Communications systems
- Security systems
- Automotive & marine systems
- OEM applications
- Test equipment
- Electronic displays
- 12 Volt lighting systems
- GPS receivers
- DC computers
- Unplug the power supply from the mains supply outlet.
- Select the correct input voltage (See Input Voltage Selection).
- Connect the power cable's positive (red) wire to the positive terminal and connect the negative (black) wire to the negative terminal on the back of the power supply or use the Powerpole® connectors mounted on the front panel.
- Plug the power cable into the power socket on the back of the radio.
- Plug the power supply into the mains supply outlet.
Turning the power supply on
Turn the power supply on by pressing the power switch to the 'ON' Position.
Turning the power supply off
Before you turn the power supply off, turn the radio off as described in the user documentation for the radio. Then turn the power supply off by pressing the power switch to the 'OFF' Position.
The SS-30DV power supply is cooled by convection and forced air cooling (normal airflow around the power supply in combination with a temperature controlled fan to improve cooling at higher levels of use). The fan is activated by a sensor when the temperature rises above 70 °C.
The Powerwerx support policy is simple: we want you to be happy! If you have a problem, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to get you up and running as soon as possible.
The SS-30DV has a three-year limited warranty. We will repair or replace (at our discretion) your SS-30DV if you encounter any problems within three years from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for repairing units with user-inflicted damage. It is your responsibility to ship the defective unit back to Powerwerx. We will pay for the return shipping back to you. We reserve the right to upgrade your equipment to an equivalent or better model.
- Power Supply
- AC Power Cord, 4 ft.
- Genderless Housings: Provide simplified assembly and minimize the number of components
- Stackable Modular Housings: Available in four sizes to right size your connection need
- Connection Versatility: Contacts for wire, PCB, or busbar all fit into the same housings
- Low Resistance Connection: Silver or tin plated contacts inside housings that strongly force the contacts together
- Color Coded Housings: Help ensure that connectors are assembled and mated correctly
- Self Securing Design: Stainless steel springs create a robust force between the contacts that holds the connector in the mated condition, but allows it to be quickly disconnected.
|Amps (UL) Per Pole||0 to 55||0 to 55||0 to 55|
|Volts (UL) Per Pole||600||600||600|
|Wire Gauge (AWG)||20 - 16||16 - 12||14 - 10|
|Buy Powerpole® Pack||View Options|
|FAQ||Anderson Powerpole® Connectors and General Installation Tips|