* Improvement/Enhancement on CBA IV
Scientifically Analyze Battery Performance
- True constant current battery capacity test with results graphically displayed, constant power testing supported with Extended software upgrade
- Discharge current is software and electronically regulated using a solid state switch and fan cooled electronic load
- Test any type of battery; coin cell to automotive or larger. Presets for NiCad, NiMH, Lead Acid, Li Ion, Li Poly, Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Mercury etc.
- Solar cell profiling capability *
- Lower current testing capabilities - down to 10 mA *
- Multiple discharge tests can use Watts as a parameter (CBA II/CBA III only allows current) *
Perform Fast, High Power Testing
- Tests quickly at real world load conditions, up to 150 watts or 40 amps maximum, whichever is higher
- High voltage testing at up to 55 volts (CBA II/CBA III is only 48V); the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCad or NiMh cells *
- Perform power profile test (increase current at user's rate to see how voltage/power responds), useful for testing max power output of a power supply or solar cell *
- Optional 500 watt and 1000 watt amplifiers
Accuracy and Precision for Demanding Applications
- On-board computer performs accurate measurement with 12 bit effective resolution. Auto ranging for 2 current ranges and three voltages
- Each CBA is individually calibrated with a computerized calibration system
- Calibration certification data provided with CBA IV Pro
- SDK for developing your own scripts or programming *
- TTL UART port that can be controlled by an Arduino, Raspberry PI, or other embedded system with a TTL serial port *
Built-in Safety Features Provide Superior Battery Protection
- Fail safe: automatic protection of temperature, current and power *
- Safety watchdog stops a discharge in the event of a computer crash *
- Discharge test current user selectable from 0 to 40 Amps
- Timed discharge test (stop discharge once certain Ah has been reached) *
- Dynamic test (alter test current using panel on the side of the software, without having to stop and start a new test) *
- Automatic voltage shut off at end of test using a software recommended or user selected safe discharge voltage
- Automatic over-temperature shut off at end of test at using a software recommended or user selected maximum temperature with optional external magnetic temperature sensor
Free Standard Software for Data Analysis
- User selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells and test current
- Software recommends safe tests based on user supplied battery information
- Automatic graph setup and scaling
- Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, and watts
- User can set the criteria for "Easy-Go/No-Go" testing
- Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed saved and recalled
- Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels
- Plug and Play high speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows® software supplied on CD ROM
- Manage individual tests on any number of CBA IV units connected to the same PC
- Software has no limit on number of CBA IVs that can be attached (CBA II/CBA III required multiple unit license) *
Extended Software Upgrade License Unlocks Features for Serious Battery Testing (click here for details)
Please click here for more information on Powerpole® Connectors.
* Improvement/Enhancement on CBA IV
- Maximum continuous discharge rate: 100 watts
- Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 3500 ma-hour battery: 125 watts
- Maximum limited term discharge rate with < 1000 ma-hour battery: 150 watts
- 0-3 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 10 ma
- 3-40 amp accuracy: typically better than + - 45 ma
- 0-5 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .005 volts
- 5-15 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .01 volts
- 10-60 volt accuracy: typically better than + - .05 volts
- Maximum operating voltage: 55 Volts (48 Volt Lead Acid Telecom supported) *
- Maximum discharge rate: 40 amps (Battery dependent, 100 watt continuous)
- Minimum discharge voltage to maintain 30 amps .9Volts (Battery dependent)
- Minimum Voltage for a 40 amp discharge: 2 volts at completion of test (Battery dependant)
- Minimum discharge rate: 0.01 Amps *
- Residual current drain, battery connected while not in use: < .003 amps @ 12 volts
- High performance micro controller with built in USB interface and 12 bit A/D conversion.
- USB powered; the CBA does not use the battery being tested to run the CBA or the fan.
- System ready and Test in progress LED indicators, viewable from across a room.
- CBA internal over temperature sensing and protection.
- Graph printing on any standard color or B&W printer.
- Battery test label printing on standard 05160 stick-on labels.
- Dimensions: 3.5" H x 2.8" W x 3.6" D.
- Weight: 16 oz.
- CBA IV unit
- 6 inch pigtail adapter
- Standard version CBA software CD-ROM
- 6 ft USB Cable
- 40 amp fuse
- User Manual
CBA IV Pro
Same as CBA IV plus:
- Calibration data
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.
Powerpole® is a registered trademark of Anderson Power Products.
Powerpole® Connector Features & Benefits
- Genderless Housings: Provide simplified assembly and minimize the number of components
- Stackable Modular Housings: Available in four sizes to right size your connection need
- Connection Versatility: Contacts for wire, PCB, or busbar all fit into the same housings
- Low Resistance Connection: Silver or tin plated contacts inside housings that strongly force the contacts together
- Color Coded Housings: Help ensure that connectors are assembled and mated correctly
- Self Securing Design: Stainless steel springs create a robust force between the contacts that holds the connector in the mated condition, but allows it to be quickly disconnected.
|Amps (UL) Per Pole||0 to 55||0 to 55||0 to 55|
|Volts (UL) Per Pole||600||600||600|
|Wire Gauge (AWG)||20 - 16||16 - 12||14 - 10|
|Buy Powerpole® Pack||View Options|