Free Standard Software for Data Analysis
- User selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells and test current
- Software recommends safe tests based on user supplied battery information
- Automatic graph setup and scaling
- Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, and watts
- Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed, saved, and recalled (view)
- Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels
- Plug and Play high speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows® software supplied on CD ROM
- Manage individual tests on any number of CBA V or CBA IV units connected to the PC from the software with multiple tabs
- Dynamic test, allows user to alter test parameters without having to stop and start a new test
- Test Modes: Mission Profile, Discharge, Dynamic, Charge Monitor, Power Profile (view chart)
Extended Software Upgrade License Unlocks Additional Features for Serious Battery Testing
- Multiple discharge tests, allow user to specify several different load points and duration of each load. Parameters of test can be imported from a CSV file, CSV file can be created manually via a text editor software or exported from PWRcheck software. CBA V and CBA IV can program constant power or constant current for each point of the profile, CBA III and CBA II can only use constant current. CBA V's and fast CBA IV's shortest duration per point is 0.1s. Slow CBA IV's, CBA III's and CBA II's shortest duration is 5s. (view)
- Programmable duty cycle, alternate between on and off at user specified periodic interval. CBA V and CBA IV can alternate between constant current, constant power or constant resistance (CBA III and CBA II can only alternate between constant current). CBA V's fastest period is 0.1s. Fast CBA IV's fastest period is 1s. Slow CBA IV's, CBA III's and CBA II's fastest period is 5s.
- Regulated constant power discharge (current goes up as battery voltage drops)
- Programmable constant resistance (current goes down as battery voltage drops)
- Temperature graphing with a recovery time option* (view)
- Ragone power density charting using battery weight (used for performance comparison of energy sources charting energy density (Watt-Hours/kg) vs power density (W/kg))
- Test-lead resistance voltage calibration utility to give higher accuracy voltage readings right at the battery terminals
- Enables placement of user notes on graphs (view)
- Adjustable sample rate. Standard software always samples once per second. Extended software allows sample rates from once every 10 seconds to 20 samples per second. Sample rates faster than once per second require CBA V or fast CBA IV. Slow CBA IV's, CBA III's and CBA II's fastest sample rate is once per second.
- Additional Test Modes: Duty Cycle, Constant Power, Multiple Discharge, Constant Resistance, Timed Discharge (view chart)
* Requires optional temperature probe
Extended License Options
- The Extended features are available to a specific CBA V or CBA IV unit based on the serial number.
Multi-unit for One PC
- A CBA V or CBA IV unit, specified by one serial number, is designated as Extended and all other CBA V or CBA IV units connected to the one PC have access to the Extended features.
- This license is necessary for multiple CBA III units to be controlled from one PC, for Standard or Extended software.
Computer System Requirements
- 98SE, W2K, XP, Vista®: 32 or 64 bit, Windows® 7: 32 or 64 bit, Windows® 8, Windows® 10
- An available USB port
Extended Software Upgrade License requires the following:
- CBA software version 2.1 or later, free download
- Serial number of CBA that license will be locked to
Multiple Discharge Tests
Overlay Comparisons of Multiple Graphs
User Notes on Graph