Compatible with All Manufacturers' Radios
- Can be used with almost any make or model microphone and most model radios no matter what brand
- Any radio that has a 8 pin round screw on microphone connector
- Any radio that has an RJ45 modular telephone style connector
- Any radio with RJ25 6 wire microphone connector with the purchase of an optional FT100 style 6 wire modular mic. cable
- Any radio with 4 pin round microphone connector with the purchase of a optional 4 pin mic cable
- Supplied with both a standard DB9 RS232 serial cable and USB cable interface (supported for Mac (OS9,10), Linux, Windows (98SE - Windows 10)! May be used old or new computers with your choice of USB or RS232 DB9 serial
Built-in Rig Control
- Built in rig control, RS232 to TTL interface tested with Icom and Yaesu; compatible with Ten Tec
- Rig control is possible along with sound card PTT control and CW keying on a SINGLE serial port using Hamscope or MixW software
- Rig control, FSK keying and sound operation is supported using two serial ports or when using two separate programs
True Keyed CW
- Fully isolated CW keying output for direct keying of your rig's CW. This jack is for use with non-sound card software using serial DTR control.
- Fully isolated FSK keying output for direct keying of your rig's FSK jack. This jack is for use with non-sound card software using serial TXD control
Maximum Mic/Keying/Audio Flexibility
- Four ways to connect the receive audio from your radio: direct, mic jack, line out, speaker out. A radio speaker loop jack is included
- Dual rear panel RCA PTT jacks provide for a foot switch, amplifier and sequencer
- Front panel audio drive control allows setting the transmit audio from the computer to your radio without fumbling with your mouse
- Your microphone may be bridged to computer as well as radio for on-the-fly digital recording
- Transmit speech processing is done by looping mic. audio through the sound card using appropriate EQ and compression software. Voice Shaper by VE3NEA is an amazing free program for this
- Plug in 2nd mic. jack allows instant automatic switch over to a headset mic. without unplugging your main mic
- Both 1/4" and 1/8" front panel headphone jacks to monitor computer receive and transmit audio; no searching for adaptors. These connections facilitate using DSP receive audio software
- Computer speaker PTT activated mute-on-transmit works with speech processing and for general sound card operation
- PTT override and interrupt enables mic to override the computer or stop the computer program, perfect for contesting or SSTV operation
- Front panel LED indicators show whether computer audio or mic. audio is routed to the radio
- Front panel LED indicator shows if the computer audio is present at an adequate level for transmit or receive
- Front panel LED indicators show PTT, CW and FSK activation status making it easy to check the operation of your software
- Assembled in USA to IPC-610 manufacturing standards.
- Printed circuit board uses FR4 material, double sided, plated through holes, solder mask over bare copper, silk screened
- Enclosure: .062 aluminum, polyurethane painted, silk screen labeling front and back
- 3M Bumpon protective feet and 3M adhesive pads are provided for mounting
- Toggle switches: 50,000 make and break cycles, 2 amps 250 VAC
- Stainless steel hardware throughout including PEM threaded mounting standoffs
|Overall Dimensions (maximum, w/o cables)||1.5" H x 10.75" W x 5.75" D|
|Weight (without AC adapter)||19 oz.|
|AC Power requirements (with supplied AC adapter)||120 Vac <2.5 watts|
|DC Power requirements (without supplied AC adapter)||13.8 Vdc nominal < 220mA|
|Frequency response, microphone input, un-bridged||Direct coupled|
|Frequency response, microphone input, bridged||Dependant on mic. design and sound card input impedance|
|Distortion, microphone input||Direct coupled|
|Frequency response sound card mic. out, process mode||100 Hz - 15 kHz, + - 1dB|
|Frequency response sound card input||100 Hz - 15 kHz, + - 1dB|
|Distortion sound card input||Less than 0.1 % THD @ 1kHz|
|Input impedance (from sound card)||600 ohms resistive, minimum|
|Sound card level adjustment range||-34 dB to > -120 dB|
|PTT max contact rating||2A @ 24V or 1A @ 48V|
|CW direct keying ratings||Transistor logic only, tube amps not supported. Positive pull down .15V min. @ 20 ma. max|
|FSK direct keying ratings||Transistor logic only, tube amps not supported. Positive pull down .15V min. @ 20 ma. max|
|Serial interface ports A,B (DB9F connector)||Standard RS232|
|RS232 Pin Assignments Serial A (DB9 PC signal set)
|RS232 Pin Assignments Serial B (DB9 PC signal set)
|TTL rig control interface ports (dual circuit mini jack connector)||Standard TTL 5V logic, selectable bi-directional or unidirectional|
The microphone audio is completely isolated from all other grounds. The three sound card audio signals are isolated using three audio transformers. The computer is isolated using, three DPDT relays, three opto-isolators and a isolating DC to DC converter. A high grade DC blocking capacitor is on the sound card to mic. output for use with radios that are designed for use with amplified or electret microphones.
The relays provide adequate current and voltage capability to switch tube rigs. The relays also provide automatic switching between sound card audio, transmit muting and our mic. override and mic. interrupt features.
- RIGblaster Pro Unit
- 3' Mic Cable
- 6' DB9M to DB9F Serial Cable
- (6) 1/8" Audio Cables, 6ft.
- Instant Setup Connectors for RIGblaster Advantage, Plus II, Plus and Pro
- Cable Label Set
- USB to RS232 Male Adapter
- Power Supply Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Accessory Kit
- (11) White Jumpers
- (6) Blue Shunt Jumpers
- 1/8" Mini to 1/4" Adapter
A DVD of the RIGblaster Software Collection is the standard media. If you are unable to use DVD media, you may request the software on a two (2) CD Set. When ordering online, in the comments section of the order form, type in "Request 2 CD Set". Alternately, the collection of software programs may be individually downloaded here.
|3.3x5.5mm DC to Stripped/Tinned Cable, 6ft|
|$9.95||Buy NowAdd to Wish List|
|RIGblaster 12 VDC Power Supply|
|$14.95||Buy NowAdd to Wish List|
|RB Jumpers - Standard Instant Setup Connectors|
|$19.95||Buy NowAdd to Wish List|
|RB Jumpers - Pro Kit|
|$20.00||Buy NowAdd to Wish List|
|USB GPS Module|
|$24.95||Buy NowAdd to Wish List|
This product has been tested to comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules for a Class B computer peripheral and digital device for use in the home and office. This testing is done to ensure the product does not generate RF interference.
The Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 PC device drivers supplied with the Serial to USB adapter cable for this product have passed Microsoft WHQL testing and are certified. Using certified drivers simplifies the driver installation process and ensures the driver is not going to crash or otherwise damage the PC configuration. The Windows 98 and 2000 drivers are supported.
This product is fully enclosed in a metal case and has passed testing at West Mountain Radio to show high immunity to RF interference from amateur radio equipment. This ensures that in a typical station the RF field will not corrupt data transfer.
Audio quality testing on this product has shown it to perform excellent with audio signals from 300 to 5000 hz. This demonstrates a low level of distortion for both data and voice.
This product has full D.C. isolation on critical circuitry/connections to prevent ground loops and hum pickup.
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.