Note: When using a CBA III unit, Extended Software is required to operate
Perform Fast, High Power Testing
- Test at 5 times the power with a CBA amplifier in between a CBA and your battery
- 500 watt discharge with a single amp and a CBA
- 1000 watt discharge with two amplifiers, a harness and a CBA
- 2000 watt discharge with four 20X* amplifiers, a harness and a CBA
- Designed for commercial or industrial use
- Test a Lithium cell at up to 120 amps / 500 watts with a single amplifier
- Test a Nickel cell at 160 amps regulated down to .9 volts with a single amplifier
- Test batteries at or near their current and temperature limits
- Support for operation with one or more CBA 500 watt amplifiers and CBA IV (CBA III units require Extended license)
* 20X amplifiers are a special order item.
Test at Real World Load Conditions
- Increases 100 watt continuous capability of CBA to 500 watts
- Discharge rates at up to 500 watts or 160 amps maximum, whichever is higher
- High voltage testing at up to 55 volts; the equivalent of 1 to 38 NiCad or NiMh cells
Extended Software License Unlocks Features for Serious Battery Testing
- Programmable automatic duty cycle test with up to 999 second on/off cycle periods
- Regulated constant power discharge (current goes up as battery voltage drops)
- Temperature graphing with a recovery time option
- Ragone power density charting using battery weight (used for performance comparison of energy sources charting energy density (Watt-Hours/kg) vs power density (W/kg))
- Test-lead resistance voltage calibration utility to give higher accuracy voltage readings right at the battery terminals
- Enables placement of user notes on graphs
Easy-to-Use Software for Data Analysis
- User selected battery cell chemistry, number of cells and test current
- Software recommends safe tests based on user supplied battery information
- Automatic graph setup and scaling
- Measures and displays voltage, current, amp-hrs, watts and temperature*
- Easy overlay comparisons of multiple graphs may be displayed saved and recalled
- Save, display and print battery test graphs and battery labels
- Plug and Play high speed USB interface, with easy to use and intuitive Windows® software supplied on CD ROM
* Requires optional temperature probe
- CBA III or IV
Computer System Requirements
- A PC with a Pentium 233 or better
- At least an 800 X 600 graphics card and display monitor
- 98SE, W2K, XP, Vista®: 32 or 64 bit, Windows® 7: 32 or 64 bit
- An available USB port
- AMD or Intel 1.2 GHz or better
- Better than 800 X 600 graphics and display monitor
- Windows® XP or Vista® 32 or 64bit 1 GB RAM
- An available USB port (external hubs not supported)
For graph and label printing:
- Any Windows compatible, laser or ink jet, color or black and white, printer.
- Avery 5160 labels are required for label printing.
- Maximum continuous discharge rate: 500 watts
- Discharge rate amplification typically 10X +- 1%
- Absolute maximum operating voltage: 55 Volts
- Maximum discharge rate: 160 amps (3.12 Volts at test start)(Battery dependent)
- Minimum Voltage for a 160 amp discharge: .9 volts at completion of test (Battery dependent)
- Supplied with copper bus 5/16 bronze bolt battery connections and plug in Powerpole® CBA connector.
- On/off/bypass switch. On and over-temperature LED indicators, viewable from across a room.
- Automatic fan operation senses 1 amp or more current from the CBA. Stays on approximately 5 minutes after test completion.
- Dimensions (overall): 5.5" H x 6.25" W x 13.75" D.
- Weight: 134 oz.
Please click here for more information on Powerpole® Connectors.
CBA A2 500W Amplifier
- CBA amplifier
- 6 inch Powerpole® Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Owner's Manual
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.
- Genderless Housings: Provide simplified assembly and minimize the number of components
- Stackable Modular Housings: Available in four sizes to right size your connection need
- Connection Versatility: Contacts for wire, PCB, or busbar all fit into the same housings
- Low Resistance Connection: Silver or tin plated contacts inside housings that strongly force the contacts together
- Color Coded Housings: Help ensure that connectors are assembled and mated correctly
- Self Securing Design: Stainless steel springs create a robust force between the contacts that holds the connector in the mated condition, but allows it to be quickly disconnected.
|Amps (UL) Per Pole||0 to 55||0 to 55||0 to 55|
|Volts (UL) Per Pole||600||600||600|
|Wire Gauge (AWG)||20 - 16||16 - 12||14 - 10|
|Buy Powerpole® Pack||View Options|
|FAQ||Anderson Powerpole® Connectors and General Installation Tips|