- A Super PWRgate is a 12 volt backup power system rated at 40 amperes continuous from either a Power Supply or a Battery.
- The Super PWRgate has a built-in four-stage battery charger with selectable current rates of 1, 4, 7 or 10 amperes.
- Connected equipment will instantly switch to battery during a power blackout or power supply failure.
- Uses two 80 ampere Schottky diodes as an OR-Gate to isolate the battery and power supply from each other.
- Low loss PWRgate provides forward voltage drop of less than 0.3 volts at 20 A and 0.37 volts at 40 A.
- Optimized for use with GELLED & AGM type batteries, but will keep flooded lead acid and marine type batteries near full charge as well.
- Solid, durable construction in an aluminum case with heat sink. Includes mounting holes for convenient and secure use in mobile units.
- Uses Anderson Powerpole® connectors
- Dimensions: 1.65" H x 5.25" W x 3.9" D
|Maximum Voltage:||18 Volts DC|
|Maximum Current:||40 Amperes|
|Diodes:||Two Schottky 80 Ampere, 20 Volt|
|Voltage Drop:||0.25 Vdc at 1 Ampere|
0.37 Vdc at 40 Ampere
|Charging Circuit:||Smart, linear charger|
Fuse switched for 1,4,7 or 10 Amperes (±5%) maximum
Peak voltage limit: 13.8 (Gelled), 14.2 (AGM),(±2%)
Peak voltage limit set via internal jumper to GELLED or AGM
Peak voltage terminate point: 0.1 Maximum current
Float Voltage: 13.5 volts (±2%)
|LEDs:||Green - Indicates charger is "ON"|
Red - Indicates peak "PK" charge voltage
Yellow - Indicates Float "FL" voltage
|Connectors:||Anderson Powerpoles®, 40A|
|Dimensions:||1.65" H x 5.25" W x 3.9" D|
|Weight:||0.9 lbs, 0.4 kg (aluminum enclosure with heat sink)|
|Mounting Holes:||Two, 0.175 in. d, at a distance 4.875 in., for #8 hardware|
- PG40S Unit
- (4) Rubber Feet
- Owner's Manual
- Super PWRgate Owner's Manual (PDF Format)
Product designed, tested and used by ham radio operators onsite.